Orange Business Services data centers
Orange Business Services has two data centers in the Oslo area, thus offering our colocation customers dual site solutions.
Both of our data centers are easily accessible from both Oslo’s main airport and all your business partners: consulting companies, hardware and software vendors.
The official opening of our new center OSL5 was in November 2017. We have experienced great interest, but lots of square meters out of a total area of 10,000 square meters are still available.
The size of the area provides high flexibility compared to most configuration requirements.
For example, we can tailor the data hall in a very short time, gladly help with the transition and work with digital security experts when needed to provide additional protection through, for example, EMP solutions.Norway is ranked as the world’s most suitable country to place data centers.
Political stability, fresh climate, affordable cooling and access to public infrastructure in the form of networks and stable power are factors that cause many to choose to build a server park in Norway.
Data center services from operational experts
Orange Business Services has operated data centers since 2000. First for our own organization, which today has 750+experts on mission-critical IT operations, and over the years also as a colocation offer to our customers. Through this we differentiate ourselves in the market.
Our customers make tough demands on our data center managers.
We continuously monitor everything that can make data center operations better, safer and more efficient.Orange Business Services cooperates with AWS, Microsoft Azure and others about global cloud services in a cooperative philosophy, so you can get the same expertise regarding everything that’s happening in the cloud.
Osl5 – Lørenskog
Facts and figures
- Up to 6,000 square meters of server space, divided into several different development phases
- Space for further expansion available
- 99% of all power generation in Norway comes from hydropower
- PCI DSS (sec 9 and 12), ISO 27001
- 100% uptime SLA on power and cooling
- 24/7 security guard
- Possibility of dedicated private rooms, hall
- Designed for dual-site / redundant operation
- We are “carrier-neutral”
- Video surveillance and recording inside and outside of the data center
- Physical barriers and key card access for highly secure access control
- Individual locking on racks or cages
- State-of-the-art fire detection and suppression
- Alarm system directly connected to local fire department
- Different levels of redundancy (eg N, 2N) according to your needs
- 100% uptime SLA on power
- Diesel generator on site for emergency power of at least 48 hours
- Highly efficient indirect air-to-air cooling
- Low PUE
- Full redundancy setup
- 100% uptime SLA for cooling