New data available in detailed consumption files (CSV format) : RAM, vCPU
What’s new ?
Two additional columns, namely RAM and vCPU, have been incorporated into the detailed consumption files accessible within your Cloud Customer Space. This inclusion aims to enhance the granularity of your budget analysis and facilitate a more precise breakdown during the execution of your Financial Operations (FINOPS) activities.
- In your Cloud Customer Space you will find in the “Invoices” menu, monthly and daily billing files : invoices and other reports – the consumption report is a CSV-format file that will provide you details of your Flexible Engine consumption.
- The consumption report has 2 new columns : RAM and vCPU :
- RAM is the RAM quantity (in GB) allocated for Elastic Cloud Servers (ECS) according to the ECS flavor – this data is displayed for Usage lines and reminded in Subsciption lines
- vCPU is the number of virtual CPUs allocated for Elastic Cloud Servers (ECS) according to the ECS flavor – this data is displayed for Usage lines and reminded in Subsciption lines
How it works
- These new columns were added at the end of each lines, in order not to impact any processing job that you use and which use the column rank to interpret the file content
- Please note that all billing files are available via a REST API – details on how to request access to this REST API are provided in the Flexible Engine FAQ page (FR link)
How can you use these data
- RAM and vCPU : it is another metric (like “Amount HT”) that you can monitor monthly and visualize evolutions for your Elactic Cloud Server usages – make sure that you process the Quantity data correctly, for example by ignoring temporary resources via a sorting rule like : “resource is ignored if Quantity < 600 hours in the month”
- Please note that a Flexible Engine API provides more complete and technical description of each flavor : the cloudservers/flavors API (read here)