Upgrade of a set of services dedicated to databases
We have made updates to the services Distributed Database Middleware (DDM), Document Database Service (DDS), Relational Database Service (RDS) and GaussDB No SQL to expand the scope and cover more operations related to database management in the cloud.
Relational Database Service (RDS)
New MySQL features
- Now supports standby instance migration to another AZ for RDS for MySQL.
- Enabled table name case sensitivity for RDS for MySQL by default.
- Now supports database ports 1024 to 65535 (excluding 12017 and 33071, which are used by the RDS system) for RDS for MySQL.
New PostgreSQL features
- Supports minor versions upgrade in self service mode of RDS for PostgreSQL 9.6, 10, 11, 12 and 13. Target versions are 9.6.21, 10.16, 11.11, 12.10, 13.6.
- Support PostgreSQL 14.
New SQL Server features
- Now supports Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) for RDS for SQL Server 2019 SE.
- Now supports user management and database management APIs for RDS for SQL Server.
- Adds the following metrics for RDS for SQL Server: rds105_tempdb_size_status and rds106_single_user_status.
Document Database Service (DDS)
- Adds specification whitelist-based verification and filtering to DDS open APIs.
- Supports the addition, deletion, modification, and query of parameters through APIs.
- Supports the modification of storage.wiredTiger.engineConfig.blockCompressor.
- Supports the parameter inheritance of net.maxIncomingConnections from DDS 4.0 to 4.2.
- Supports the modification of internalQueryExecMaxBlockingSortBytes in DDS 4.0 and 4.2.
- Supports the display of connection information when a DDS backup is restored to a new DB instance.
GaussDB no SQL
- Supports cross-subnet deployment and scaling of a single GaussDB(for Cassandra) cluster.
- Provides an API for adding nodes for GaussDB(for Influx) instances.
Distributed Database Middleware (DDM)
- Supports tags to allow users to manage resources by group. a nodes on the shard.
- Allows users to bind an Elastic IP to a specific node on the console.
For more information on these services please visit the HelpCenter.