Relational Database Service (RDS) for MariaDB is now available in Paris.
We are pleased to inform you that RDS for MariaDB is finally available in Paris. Users can rely on its simplicity, security, and stability, offering hassle-free database management.
Relational Database Service (RDS) for MariaDB
What is it
RDS for MariaDB is a new general-purpose relational database service. Built on the popular MariaDB open-source relational database, it also has features such as out-of-the-box, stable and reliable, security hardening, and easy management, allowing users to focus on business development instead of spending time on database management.
- Database engine version: 10.5
- Data security: Multiple security measures such as VPCs, subnets, security groups, VPNs, and SSL protect databases and user privacy.
- Database reliability: Three-copy data storage ensures up to 9 nines of database data reliability and up to 11 nines of backup data reliability, verified on Flexible Engine
- High availability (intra-city DR): Primary and standby DB instances can be deployed within an AZ or across AZs.
- DB instance monitoring: Key performance metrics of DB instance OSs and DB engines are monitored. These metrics include the CPU usage, memory usage, storage space usage, I/O activities, database connections, QPS, TPS, buffer pools, and read/write activities.
- Elastic scaling: Horizontal scaling: Read replicas (up to five for each instance) can be created or deleted. Vertical scaling: The instance class can be changed, and storage space can be scaled (up to 10 TB).
- Backup and restoration: Backup: Automated, manual, full, and incremental backups are supported. Backups can be added, deleted, queried, or replicated.
- Restoration: Data can be restored to any point in time within the backup retention period to a new or an original DB instance. The backup retention period is up to 732 days.
RDS for MariaDB is now available in Paris to all users.
All technical information is available in our help center here.