What’s new ?
We have made updates to the services Distributed Database Middleware (DDM), Data Replication Service (DRS), Document Database Service (DDS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) to expand the scope and cover more operations related to database management in the cloud.
Distributed Database Middleware (DDM)
- Supports the display of historical operations about shards configurations, including retrying, rollback, and service switchover.
- Supports the function of restarting a single node. This function is usually used to restart an abnormal node of a DDM instance.
- Adds the function to modify the virtual IP address of a DDM instance (including its read-only groups) that has load balancing is enabled.
- Supports backup policy configuration for DDM instances. You can manually enable the backup policy of a DDM instance. You can set the retention period, time window, and backup cycle, and back up your DDM instances based on a specified backup policy.
- Overall optimised customer experience in using APIs.
- Optimised error messages.
For more information on DDM please visit the Help Center.
Data Replication Service (DRS)
- 2 new scenarios: real-time cloud migration from MongoDB to Document Database Service (DDS), and Real-time migration from DDS to MongoDB.
- Supports more versions: migration of MongoDB 3.2.x, 3.4.x and 4.0.x, migration of DDS 3.4.x and 4.0.x, real-time synchronization of MySQL 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, and 8.0, real-time synchronization of Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c and 19c.
For more information on DRS please visit the Help Center.
Document Database Service (DDS)
- It is now possible to change the default value of slowOpThresholdMs to 500 for the DDS cluster instance, replica set instance, and single node instance.
- New tags parameter to the API for creating DDS instances.
For more information on DDS please visit the Help Center.
Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Added the pg_repack plugin for PostgreSQL 9.6. For details, see “Working with RDS for PostgreSQL” > “Plugin Management” > “Supported Plugins” in the Relational Database Service User Guide.
- Added task detail API support for sqlserver.
For more information on RDS please visit the Help Center.