Scalable File Service update: SFS Turbo
Flexible Engine / Release note
Scalable File Service Turbo is an exclusive cloud file service provided by Flexible Engine. This service type is catered for enterprise NAS service scenarios, providing file services with QoS isolation, low latency, and high IOPS.
More information on SFS Turbo is available here.
SFS Turbo features:
- Flexible interconnection: supports interconnection based on ECS and EVS, deploy as requirement.
- Isolation: Each SFS turbo service is dedicated to it’s tenant and will not share with other ECS or EVSs
- High performance: supports 1 to 2 ms latency and a maximum IOPS of 20,000.
- Rich functions: supports the standard NFS protocol, as well as encryption, backup, and restoration for file data.
- SFS Turbo instance provides high-available inside one AZ
How to use SFS Turbo in cross AZ deployments:
- Deploy 2 SFS Turbo instances in different AZ and define the primary AZ by tenant admin.
- Using SDRS to provide EVS replication between 2 AZs
- The 2 Turbo instances using same floating IP to provide NFS service
- When one AZ is down, the tenant admin is then able switch the service to the stand-by AZ manually.
- RPO=0, no data loss during the switch. The NFS service will not be available during the switch.