Flexible Engine / Appliance Catalog
FortiGate virtual appliances allow you to mitigate blind spots by implementing critical security controls within your virtual infrastructure. They also allow you to rapidly provision security infrastructure whenever and wherever it is needed. FortiGate virtual appliances feature all of the security and networking services common to traditional hardware-based FortiGate appliances. With the addition of virtual appliances from Fortinet, you can deploy a mix of hardware and virtual appliances, operating together and managed from a common centralized management platform.
As security architects consider how to provide comprehensive threat protection for their enterprises, including intrusion prevention, web filtering, anti-malware and application control, they face a major complexity hurdle managing these point products with no integration and lack of visibility. Gartner estimates that by 2019 80% of enterprise traffic will be encrypted and 50% of attacks targeting enterprise will be hidden in encrypted traffic.Features and Benefits:
- High-performance threat protection
- Validated security effectiveness
- Protect mission critical applications
- Continuous risk assessment via automation
- Security Fabric integration
- Entreprise class security management
Fortinet offers the FortiGate VM in five virtual appliance models determined by license. To purchase a license, use “contact us” button.
After placing an order for FortiGate VM, a license registration code is sent to the email address used on the order form. Use the registration number provided to register the FortiGate VM with Customer Service & Support and then download the license file. Once the license file is uploaded to the FortiGate VM and validated, your FortiGate VM appliance is fully functional.
- To mount a Fortigate image log in to your Flexible Engine account, select the Elastic Cloud Server in Computing services.
- Then click Create ECS and select any s3, c3 or cc3 flavors with minimum 4 vCPU and 16GB RAM memory.
- For Image select Public Image then filter on Other to choose Fortigate 6.0.3